Thursday, January 7, 2010

After 3 months in Wellington, New Zealand I am finally back in my studio in Brooklyn, NY! I have to say I not only missed my studio space but also my Brooklyn, Greenpoint Neighbourhood!! It's great to be back!

Just to keep you up with what is happening back in New Zealand. I have a solo exhibition LORENE TAUREREWA SLEIGHT OF HAND currently showing at PATAKA MUSEUM OF ARTS AND CULTURES, 29 November 2009 - 7 February 2010. Pataka Museum Website: http://www.pataka.org.nz/
Hope you can make the show!

Also, I have a fantastic new dealer David Alsop from Suite Gallery, Wellington, New Zealand. I am happy to be a part of his stable of artists and looking forward to showing an exhibition of drawings there in November 2010. Suite Gallery: http://www.suite.co.nz/about_us

2010 looks to be less hectic than previous years, however, I have several excellent exhibition opportunities coming up later in the year. I will be exhibiting in the group show Unnerved, Contemporary New Zealand Art at the Queensland Art Gallery in Brisbane, Gallery of Modern Art which travels to the National Gallery of Victoria in November National Gallery of Victoria. The Queensland Art Gallery purchased a suite of 20 of my drawings for their collection, which will be in the show. In addition, I will be flying to Melbourne, Australia in November as I have a large solo show at Helen Gory Gallery Helen gory galerie I will also participate in a small group show in Manhattan, but more about that closer to the date!

In the next week I will be taking a walk around Chelsea visiting some of my favourite galleries,
Mike Weiss Gallery , 303 Gallery , Marianne Boesky Gallery and more.....I feel the need to reconnect with some serious art after my art starved sojourn at the end of the world. However much I looove New Zealand I always feel BETTER winging my way back to New York .... and all that art!! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment